Monday, April 30, 2007

Recommendations?

Okay, I had my Japanese oral final today, and I survived. I was literally shaking throughout the five minute conversation. Sensai Ishitawa and Fujio scare me sometimes. Usually when they make me speak Japanese. Now, I know that I will need some good ebooks to calm my nerves and relax me enough so that I can sleep after all the cramming and such.

So, does anyone have any recommendations? I like paranormals and fantasy books, but I just read some good comtemporaries by La Nora (I had never read her before but now I know why she is so popular) and Jennifer Crusie so if you want to throw some my way that would be great. Any lesbian or gay romances would be lovely, but I just love a good romance no matter what body parts are interlocking. Ebooks would be preferable.

Aren't I just a demanding diva?

6 comments:

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Arin, and for the link. I just added you to my blogroll. :-)

Reading about your Japanese studies was interesting. My daughter just returned from a 3-week trip to Japan, all on her own, and she had a fabulous time. All she had was her trusty Japanese-English phrase book and some of the communication experiences were quite comical, especially when it came to the food she ordered. LOL

As for romance recommendations, I’m so far behind in my TBR pile it isn’t even funny. Whatever I end up reading has been out forever once I finally get to it. I do enjoy Jennifer Crusie and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

Arin Rhys said...

Isn't Jennifer Crusie divine? She can make me like contemporaries, and I usually am a paranormal gal through and through. I'll have to look up Phillips.

Thanks for the add!

I can't wait to go to Japan!!! I think I am going to try to study abroad there. Even after being in a Japanese class, I still make weird mistakes. Like one time I said that I ate phones for breakfast. That must have been such a kick-ass trip for her!

Stacia said...

I always have to recommend my cp/wp Anna J Evans, because I just think she rocks. She has quite a few EC releases now!

Arin Rhys said...

December- Oooo! Cool!

Barb said...

OH OH OH OH OH!!!!
first off, HI! (jumping up and down while waving my hands)

found you through Daisy!

ok you like paranormals?
Mandy M Roth (some are in first person so you need to sorta check them out if you don't like that)

Anya Bast (does vampires/weres all sorts of good stuff)

NJ Walters is good to!

Another good read is Pirate Queen by Susanna Valent. Not paranormal, but good none the less.

All of those can be found in my stomping ground of Elloras Cave. Or New Concepts has good stuff also.

TO MUCH TO READ!
hope this helps ya! :-)

Arin Rhys said...

Barb - DAMN!!!! Thanks, hon! I think I am stocked up on recommendations. Wow! Thanks again. I haven't heard of any of those authors before so this is a treat.