Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Scrunchies: They're Back.

Flipping through the March issue of Nylon, I was faced with a conclusion that I just couldn't fight. Scrunchies were back. They were on the pages of Nylon, tutorials on how to make them raced through style blogs, and Sienna Miller was seen with an orange scunchie in her hair. Fashion is truly circular isn't? Scrunchies went from popular to joke, and now they are chugging back to the top.

I still haven't decided if scrunchies will be a fad that won't trickle down to the masses or if they will become a wardrobe staple like ballet flats. I'm going to have my eye on this trend, but I'm not heading out to make/buy any new scrunchies. I'll just gussy up my old ones. This just seems like a trend that's going to have trouble making it off the catwalk.

4 comments:

Stacia said...

Teenage girls will wear them, as "retro". Those of us who recall the first scrunchie wave will avoid them.

veinglory said...

Scrunchies

[shudder]

Eva Gale said...

Ho. Gawd. No.

Please, dear god, as if it's not bad enough that I am OLD enough to remember this, it has to come back?

On a scale of 1-10, how bad is it that I still have some from the first go-round? And how much wose would it be that I MADE some of htem?

Yeah. thought so.

Arin Rhys said...

You know, you could probably sell them as retro for $5-6 a pop to some teenager.

Its very very frightening this new trend.