Wednesday, May 2, 2007

All of Us Writing the Gay/Lesbian Romance...

better not go to the Romantic Times convention.

Homophobia shown toward a M/M writer.

Way to go, Romantic Times, way to show how up with the times you are. They don't review M/M and they don't like those authors at their cons. Wow, way to alienate the readers and writers of a rapidly growing genre. Kudos, Hyatt hotel as well.


Kathryn Falk of Romantic Times is making romance writers and publishers everywhere seem like delicate violets.

Wow! Lets hope that none of these sensitive authors try to write and post fanfic... Trust me, fanfic writers give no mercy. I thought it was cute that you have to be 'good of heart' to write romance.

Well, this whole kerfuffle is very timely because I had just finished a very inane book, and I was going to post my review which isn't the nicest that I ever wrote. If any of you guys is going to commit suicide because of it, please comment and I'll post a picture of a panda right after the bad review. :D

2 comments:

Selah March said...

I doubt we've heard the end of this. The outcry is too loud, and coming from too many corners. RT will have to put up or shut up about being a "rabid supporter of Romance."

They can't have it both ways. Certainly not with the growing popularity of the genre.

Arin Rhys said...

It would be different if it was someone blog or personal site, but if you want to make money and be a legitimate voice in the genre then you have to cover what is going on.