Friday, March 16, 2007

Introducing... Arin Rhys.

Welcome to my blog.

As it says on the top, I write a different kind of romance. Now, I hope everyone is sitting when I say this. It just may shock you. I write... lesbian (and frequently erotic) romance in the fantasy genre. Dear Lord, I believe that old Aunt Pearl just fainted. ;) Now, I know that all the people still standing have already shrugged and are waiting for me to be interesting.

I, as of this writing, am unpublished. Though, as it says on my myspace, I'm UNpublished and Undaunted. Like, Mary Tyler Moore, I'm going to make it after all. Writing has been a passion of mine for years, and I have been scribbling and submitting for awhile. I've been published in a few free forum magazines and student rags, but never really PUBLISHED. I write other genres such as horror and straight out fantasy (though really what is a good story without some sort of romance whither its between a two [or mercy me, three] people or between a person and adventure).

Who is this Arin Rhys? This mysterious author of the lesbian orientation? Well, I am a student at the University of Arizona for what seems like forever. I enjoy a good hot chocolate, history (of the Tudor era persuasion especially), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, pop culture insanity, fashion, and reading. I read voraciously. I used to read while walking and ended up banging into things. My music genre of the moment is electronic music (of the happy hardcore variety) and my artist of the moment is P!nk. I may or may not be addicted to Romance Divas.

What have I written, you ask? You've heard more than necessary about me, and now you want to look at the goods. Well, I've written a short fantasy story called, "The Cherub's Ditch," (around 12,000 words) that I have submitted to Torquere Press. I have a few stories that I am working on. Most specifically one called, "23 Kisses," that is turning out to be quite the beast. You can read the descriptions of these two tales at my website, Arin Rhys Online.

Thanks for stopping by, darlings!

2 comments:

Selah March said...

Arin!

Of course I remember you, silly girl. I like your new pseudonym - very classy. Good for you with the sub to Torquere - that's a very up-and-coming publisher. I hear good things about them. My first M/M romance is coming out with Phaze in the near future.

I believe - and let me check into this for you, because I'm not entirely sure - but I believe Phaze is also open to lesbian erotica. You should consider them, as well.

As to reviewing/plugging my work here? I'd be HONORED. Seriously. Her Black Little Heart has gotten NO love. Not a single review, good or bad, and sales for that one have been dismal. Historicals aren't hot right now, but I'd thought I'd get ONE review, SOMEWHERE... *sniffle*

Have a fabulous weekend, darling, and I'll get back to you on the Phaze-does-lesbian-lovin' thang. ;)

Debbie Mumford said...

Hi, Arin!

I followed your link from Romance Divas and discovered that we're friends on MySpace. Welcome to blogger!