Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Paddy's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I wish the house didn't smell like cabbage, but thats just what my mother makes for family St. Paddy's day dinner. Nothing brings back memories like the entire Rhys family sitting around the table trying not to let Mom know that we have always hated cabbage.

Trust me, nothing turns a person back into a six year old as when they try to figure out how to cover their plate with the least amount of food and still make it look like they love Mom's boiled cabbage.

4 comments:

Ansley Vaughan said...

Hi Arin,

Not sure what you're doing celebrating St Patrick's Day with such a very Welsh name! Perhaps you already had fun on St David's Day on March 1st. And Wales won the rugby against England in Cardiff tonight. First win of the season, just as it ends!

Hope you're having a very nice day!

AV

Antonia Pearce said...

Arin, you must not have had enough butter and salt on that cabbage!;-) Yum! That's the trick! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Stacia said...

Heee, I actually like cabbage, and I so miss decent corned beef, but again, I sypathise. It's awful trying not to hurt Mom's feelings about cooking, isn't it?

I could swear I just heard about another market for lesbian erotic romance...I need to remember to hunt around for that...and I think Selah is right and Phaze is open to it.

P. Robinson said...

I actually love cabbage. I also like glunkies made with cabbage. Hope your green beer was good!